Our Aims,Values & Ethos
Nil satis nisi optimum – nothing but the best is good enough
We are a big school with a small school ethos, reflecting the rich diversity of families in our area. At Caroline Haslett everyone is welcomed, children are happy, efforts are valued, ambition is nurtured and the potential of every child is realised. We believe that this vision statement is manifest in the following aims and values in our school.
- to inspire in all children a love of learning and the desire to be lifelong learners
- to equip all children with skills and self-confidence to positively influence their own lives and the wider community;
- to ensure that all children have an equal opportunity to take part in the life;
- to be a place every child remembers with affection.
- each other
- the diversity of our community
- the rule of law
- individual liberty
- aim high and are ambitious
- see questions – and mistakes – as central to learning
- have a growth mindset
- work to ensure all our peers succeed
- work to ensure that everyone in our school is confident, happy, and feels safe and secure
- take opportunities to recognise and celebrate success
- have a commitment to fair play and teamwork
- work hard and enjoy ourselves
- develop the skills and attributes to aid our responsibilities as global citizens
- try our best at all times, knowing our school motto refers to our effort, “Nil satis nisi optimum” – nothing but the best is good enough.
Caroline Haslett celebrates its diversity and has high and equal expectations of all children, regardless of social, cultural, linguistic or ethnic background. Parents and carers are encouraged to be deeply involved in their children’s learning and in the life of the school and we aim to provide a vivid picture of school and classroom life through the website, social media and weekly newsletters.